Strides of Strength Therapeutic Riding, Inc. is a charitable and educational organization founded in 2016. Born out of her love of horses, profession of physical therapy and understanding of the human-horse connection, Beth Gaston developed Strides of Strength Therapeutic Riding, Inc. Our non-profit 501(c)(3) status was granted in June 2018.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive therapeutic Equine program utilizing horses to facilitate growth, learning, and healing. Our population includes children and adults with mental, physical, emotional, and functional disabilities.
1) Foster growth, learning and healing in those with mental, physical and emotional disabilities.
2) Afford participants an experience that otherwise may not be available due to financial limitations, and or lack of access to this type of program due to location.
3) Provide services to those community members with special needs to allow them to develop to their greatest potential.
4) Committed to providing a leadership role to enhance the lives and well -being of our participants and their families.
5) Trained and committed staff and volunteers who uphold the goals of our organization.
6) High quality, safe program, operating in an environment designed to meet the individual needs of all participants.
7) Effective programs utilizing outcome measures to reflect benefit to our participants.
8) Maintain a diverse, active Board of Directors.
9) Increase our financial base through donations, grants, endowments that will grow and support our organization.
10) Strides of Strength Therapeutic Riding, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, or family status.